Monday, October 27, 2008

SU REGIONALS HIT SAN ANTONIO



YEAH!!!

I was so excited that my first regionals was only 4 hours away this year. I have only been with SU for a year, and had no idea what to expect but knew it would be fabulous! I love to share fun experiences with others, so my two friends, Connie(from craftygoodies@blogspot.com) & Cindy (from cardsister.blogspot.com) obliged me and came along for fun.

None of us wanted to get up at 6 a.m. for our 45 minute drive into San Antonio, but we did it and I can say for myself, it was so worth it. Now, apparently Connie forgot she was not the ” sponsor “of the day. She laced her shoes, loaded up her backpack, threw on her jacket and left Cindy & I not only in the dust and spitting dirt out our mouths, and at least 200 ft. behind her. Haha!!! Ah, its ok, I told Cindy, she doesn’t get out much! Haha!!! Anyway, we were there and stacked on those tables, were packages of projects & 3 were ours…Yeah!!! Inside each sleeve was a free stamp set( yes, it was free, ya’ll and we are not having this conversation again, haha!!) Anyway, I left with new ideas, projects in mind, and a new found love for the stamping company I have come to be associated with. It was great to be amongst women & men who share the same interest & passion for stamping that I do. Cardsister got a pic of the 3 of us and I’ll post that when she email’s it to me. But until then, I will post one of the the 4 of us who embarked upon Connie & Randy for our stamping weekend.

A big shout out to Kelsey McKeever for being abducted and passing initiation of joining our little card making community also. She is such a sport to put up with us and she did win not only a package of Oreos but it was the double stuffed ones to boot from our hostess. Way to go Kels!!! Anyway, after lots of sugar and hormones flying, we all had a fun time and look forward to another trip to the hill country, but only after our hostess recovers. KUDOS TO Randy for putting up with 5 women on your days off and once again firing up that bbq grill and freeing Connie from kitchen duty.

I will post more pics as soon as I get them and have a chance to come back. I plan to get up early and start playing in the morning so watch for more posts.

6 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

looks like you are having alot of fun with the campaign sign.....very cute! you said to leave a link to our blogs if we like, so here is mine:

http://enjoythevasunshine.blogspot.com/

have a great week! *~*

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had fun!

Angie Williams said...

OOOH! I hope to be able to hit a regional this coming year if one makes it close enough! You are so lucky!

Connie Mercer said...

Hey enjoyed the post. laughing so hard!!!

loretta said...

onals sound so fun! Nice to see your patriotic spirit and your vote!

Lesly said...

I love your blog and am so jealous that you got to go to regionals! Where are you in Texas. I'm originally from Corpus and my boys go to Camp Stewart in Hunt. We live in Rife, CO now.