Sunday, September 23, 2012

Grandma's Heart



One of life's biggest blessings has got to be grandparenthood (is that a word, hahaha?). Our little Dylan was born 11-11-11 and has been a very unique person indeed. I didn't know it was possible to love someone so much and just be enthralled by his every breathe....He is a joy like no other.


Well, we are experiencing all the firsts and enjoying every minute just being his Grandma and Grandpa. On August 25, Dylan was baptized and of course his mom had to find the perfect outfit. I have to say, my daughter in law has a heart very much like my own. She loves vintage just as much as I do...She did find the most darling romper that was so 50's or so and then found shoes. We began talking about them and they would be a cinch to make....so began my journey with the sewing machine, haha...


Each shoe would be just a little off, haha, and don't ask me how that is possible but above is what came to be his baptism shoes...it was so much fun and of course I had to personalize them for Dylan. After all, these were going in with his outfit to hopefully be used again by future generations.


I used printable sticky back canvas and they stuck very well...


I always want him to know first and foremost that he is loved and that his life should be grounded in Him. It is Jims and my desire that He will come to love the Lord in just this way.


This is not my usual type of craft, but i'm finding a love in the sewing machine I didn't know I had...I've made rompers and i'll try to post one sometime soon..I have a really cute one in the works.

Enjoy! Blessings to you,

Sandi

1 comment:

Connie Mercer said...

fabulous!! Take a pic on his little feet too!!:):)