Friday, November 5, 2010

The secret's in the Alcohol


Got your attention right....drunk, haha!!!

Check out my fabulous new pins gals..No need to go out and lay down five bucks for 8 of these babies anymore...I have just discovered alcohol inks.. Yeah, yeah, i'm a day late I know, but it's ok, cuz I got the secret baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha.....You can have pins on every layout or card ya make from here on out....I took my alcohols to my friends this week and we experimented with them. I had "heard" (ok read on SOMEONE'S blog ) that this might work. If you want instructions on how to get that nipple off the inks real easy send me a pm (it ain't pretty i can tell ya, but if you are a true crafter you won't care you have ink all down your mouth, cuz you'll match those pins, haha) and I'll tell ya how...Once that top is off dip, pull out, and kind of roll the metal part of the pin through your fingers...wahla!!! You now have a stick pin.....AND to get those really glamorous ones, head to your nearest jewelry making store and you can buy the most beautiful beads with diamonds (ok, bling) on them....I have a stash on my table now so all i have to do is ADORN....Jenni, you'll have nothing on me now girl......

Valley friends, Yolanda at Memory Gardens in Pharr http://mgss-rgv.blogspot.com/ has a new shipment of this stuff , so run, do not walk, to her store immediately and pick it up...Trust me hob/lob and Michaels DO NOT have her colors so just save yourself some aggravation...Besides, they don't have Yolanda either and she stamps a card for ya for every buck ya spend, haha great little perk!!!

As soon as my adorning is over, gals, i'll repost a pic so you can get the full effect...I am off today (yeah, yeah, i know i just got from vacation, get over yourself, haha_) but I've got plans to meet up with Cathy, Cindy, and a day with my bestest and hubster, JimaLee (don't ask, hahaha).....

Be blessed today and find that awesome gift of creativity God gave you.....Sandi

6 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

Girl ~ this is awesomeness!!!!!!

cardsister said...

Well, that is just TOO stinkin' cute!

memory garden scrapbook shoppe said...

Great idea Sandi. I'll definitely try this.
Yolanda

Colorado Crafter said...

Hmmm... maybe I didn't understand what you did, but wouldn't it be easier to just dab the alcohol ink on the pins rather than dealing with the mess of pulling out the applicatro tops??? But, thanks for the idea of coloring the pins. I'm still fairly new to papercrafting and just happened to be learning about making stick pins to decorate my cards a couple of weeks ago. I just got some supplies and now need to make some stick pins.

Cheryl said...

Great idea on the pins!

Trish D said...

So you're actually admitting you've been hitting the bottle while crafting?!? (Sorry, I couldn't resist...)

Very cool idea - can't wait to see them incorporated on some projects